Sunday, August 05, 2007

Friend or Foe

The ex Argentine DT, Marcelo Bielsa, is very close to accepting coaching job for Chilean national team. If everything fall into place, he'll take 3 assistants with him, Eduardo Berizzo, Alfredo Berti and Ricardo Lunari. All of them were once Newell's players. (It's well known that Bielsa is tied to Newell)

Bielsa will recieve $2million per year from ANFP (Chilean football governing body), while his technicians will split another $1.5m. After 3 years of meditation behind closed doors, is the "Mad Man" ready to make some money again?


Coincidently, next match for Chilean NT will be against Argentina in first round of World Cup qualifiers on October 13th. (the entire qualification process will take little over 2 years. 4 teams will qualify and the 5th place would have to fight for a spot against 4th place of North American group).

Uruguayan Nelson Acosta was coaching Chile in Copa America. He resigned soon after the campaign due to the hotel room incident that resulted in 6 Chilean players being banned for 20 international matches each. The players suspended were captain Jorge Valdivia, defenders Álvaro Ormeño, Rodrigo Tello, Jorge Vargas, Pablo Contreras, and striker Reinaldo Navia.

Traditionally, Chilean NT liked to play some variations of 3-4-3. Bielsa is a well suited coach for that style. However, with 3 starters and 3 important substitutes missing, he'll certainly be shorthanded.

"My first true coach in Newell's was Marcelo Bielsa, who was truely obsessive when it came to training. At first it didn't go well, and for a reason. I was overweight and slow in my movements. I began playing in the Fourth Special, where Gamboa and Franco also played. Bielsa put me on a diet and when it ended, he brought to me in the room I had under the Newell's stadium, a box of alfajores (filled cookies). My first year in Newell's was difficult for me and not only because of the training. I was very far from my home. After the Saturday games or on Sunday morning, the other guys would go home, while Gustavo Masat, from a town near Reconquista, and I remained in Rosario. I was separated from my family and from Irina, who was already my girl friend. There happened a period when Newell's couldn't give me any money. They called me in and said: "Gabriel, you have to do something to earn some money because we don't have a peso." And I got some work cutting the lawn of the gardens around the club." -- Gabriel Batistuta

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I told you right -- his job is worth more than $5mil. I am sure
he is gonna repeat the saga of ivan zamarono and marsello salas.

Looking forward to that match.

I bet he is going to bring some desipline to chile NT team.

Just assume chile has already qualified for 2010 WC.

I just want to see the offense - what ever team it may be.

rao

Rio said...

I wouldn't be so sured.
Chile is going to miss those suspended players for majority if not the entire qualifying process, and conmebol group is a tough group for 4 and half slots.
Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador and Columbia, none of these is easy to deal with.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ehopygoq.s-enterprize.com/tygobymu.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin take up real income.
It gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]